Context & Job description
Within the Administration Division and under the supervision and guidance of the Director of Administration, he/she will be responsible for the further implementation of the ESRF’s Human Resources policies, missions and objectives as defined by the Board of Directors.
In particular, he/she will be responsible for:
- The supervision of the Human Resources Service, motivating its members and promoting their skills and competences.
- The coordination of the initiatives and activities related to areas of general administration of the personnel, payroll, recruitment, training and staff evaluation and development, information systems, quality of life at work, gender equality, and also internal communication of human resources matters, and handling of related legal affairs and management of conflicts.
- Proactive contribution to the negotiation and consultation processes involving the Unions or Staff Representatives
- Ensuring support to Directors and Middle Managers, providing advice and the adequate administrative support and appropriate management tools.
- Participation in the preparation of the annual and multi-annual budgets of personnel costs with the Finance Service; updating of the personnel planning according to the needs of the divisions, to the projects foreseen and to the available resources.
- Ensuring the respect of legal provisions, rules and agreements related to the employment of staff.
- Advising the Management Board on Human Resources matters, particularly in the area of workforce management, staff regulations, personnel policies and conditions of employment.
- Maintaining and fostering the social responsibility of the ESRF in terms of diversity, gender equity, employment of disabled staff, and welfare of staff.
The successful candidate should:
- hold a higher degree (Bac+5) in Human Resources, Law, or equivalent (MBA, Master, MSc, DESS, Diplom, Diploma, Licenciatura, Laurea or equivalent) and have 10 to 15 years of corresponding professional experience in the management of human resources activities, including 5 to 8 years within a supervisory role relevant to this Position, in a medium or big sized company/institution.
- be familiar with French work legislation issues, being able to apply them to a variety of situations using a pragmatic and common sense approach.
- have solid management skills including developed abilities to communicate, negotiate and use management information systems.
- be reliable and of high integrity, demonstrating initiative, autonomy and a sense of service.
- be able to motivate people, to establish a good team spirit and to enjoy working in a multicultural environment.
- have an excellent level in English (working language at the ESRF) and in French.
Experience in a scientific or technological environment is an asset.
The annual gross salary will be within the range 50 – 65k€ and additional allowances may apply. The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
If you are interested in this position, please send a letter of application and a CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1st 2019.
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.