The Internal Auditor reports to the Director General and is responsible for preparing and implementing an Annual Internal Audit Programme approved by the DG, regarding all fields relevant to the economical operation of the Company and within all the Company’s activities or functions, in line with the ESRF existing rules and according to accepted European auditing standards. Principally, the Internal Auditor:
• Examines the effectiveness of all levels of the Company’s management in their stewardship of resources and their compliance with existing policies and procedures, providing recommendations for improvement
• Provides objective assurance of the reliability and integrity of the financial information and of the means used to identify measure, classify and report such information
• Carries out a follow-up of previously accepted recommendations to evaluate the adequacy of corrective actions
• Conducts specific tasks or investigations at the request of the Director General
• Cooperates with the External Auditors making available to them all audit reports produced by the Internal Audit Service
• Attends the Administrative and Finance Committee meetings
• A high level (Master’s degree) of professional education encompassing economics, finance, business sciences, accountancy, audit or related field, coupled a meaningful experience of minimum 3 to 5 years with several in audit, preferably in an international organisation, public administration or major audit companies
• Consolidated knowledge and experience in ORACLE/SAP database is appreciated. Possession of a recognised professional certification such as CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) would be an asset, as an analytical mind and ability to show initiative
• Highest level of integrity and fairness, objectivity, independence and confidentiality
• The working language at the ESRF is English. The Internal Auditor must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in English. Thus, an excellent level of English is required and fluency in French, or the ability to gain such fluency quickly, is also required
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.