Maintenance Technician

Context & Job description

You are part of a team of 7 Experimental Hall Operators, working under the supervision of the ESRF Experimental Hall Safety Manager.

Your missions are the following:

  • Ensure the safe day to day operation of the experimental stations (= beamlines)
  • Provide assistance to beamlines experiencing operational difficulties or equipment failure
  • Supply assistance to users for basic laboratory and workshop services
  • Participate in preventive maintenance

The Experimental Hall Operators are also directly involved in the safety response to emergencies (first aid, fire alarms), in close collaboration with the ESRF Central Control Room.
80% of your working time will be on shifts according to a definite schedule and the remaining 20% will be performed during office hours and/or on “standby”.

Expected profile

  • You should hold a technician degree (BSc, Licence, HND, HNC, BTS, DUT, Bachelor, Meister, Vordiplom, Perito, Laurea Triennale, Diplomatura, Ingenieria Técnica or equivalent) in a technical field
  • 5 to 10 years of professional experience, preferably in a services environment
  • Professional experience in one or more of the following fields: mechanics, electronics, fluids and vacuum technology
  • Previous experience in shifts work and safety would be an asset
  • Good communication skills in both English and French
  • English proficiency (working language at the ESRF)

Working conditions

We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).

Company description

The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.

Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.

Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.

This website uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue we assume that you consent to receive all cookies on all websites.
For further information, please click here >>.