As part of the Accelerator and Source Division of the ESRF, the Radio Frequency (RF) Group operates the linear pre-accelerator (electron Linac), the fast pulsed magnet system and the 352 MHz RF system composed of high power RF amplifiers that feed the accelerating cavities of the booster injector and the EBS storage ring. As a technician of the Radio Frequency Group you will contribute to the maintenance and upgrade of these systems.
Your missions will be the following:
- Follow up and maintenance tasks on various equipment (with Electrical, Oil, Water, SF6 gas components)
- Writing procedures and documentation of your work
- Implementation of maintenance tasks in a GMAO software
- Participation in new projects (Mechanical parts and Integration of sub-assemblies)
Technical/Academic degree in Maintenance (BTS, Techniker, or equivalent...)
- Experience in fluid, gas distribution and follow-up
- Knowledge in electricity, fluid, gas,vacuum
- Knowledge in PLC programing, GMAO, drawing software
- Ability to communicate in English will be an asset
Permanent position. Part of your work could be carried out in shifts, following ESRF regulations.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc...)
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 21 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.