You will join a team of 40 engineers and technicians in charge of the design and manufacture of new mechanical equipment for the ESRF particle accelerator complex and experimental stations (beamlines).
As a skilled mechanical draftsperson, your missions will be to:
- Carry out mechanical design studies, to design or modify complex and technically advanced mechanical assemblies (precision positioning systems, vacuum chambers, magnets etc.) in close collaboration with the engineers of the group, using state-of-the-art Computer Aided Design tools (predominantly Solidworks)
- Create 3D models of mechanical assemblies according to technical specifications
- Produce manufacturing drawings including dimensions, tolerances, materials, and procedures according to standards with a high level of skills.
- Prepare documents for procurement activities (sets of manufacturing drawings, technical specifications, commercial documentation)
- Provide technical assistance for assembly operations
Alongside these missions, you will participate in project meetings and write meeting reports.
The salary will be calculated on the basis of relevant qualifications and professional experience.
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Apply now for your next professional adventure!
What we offer:
For further information on employment terms and conditions, please refer to https://www.esrf.fr/home/Jobs/what-we-offer.html
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from disabled persons.
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 21 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.